Marshmallows coated with either melted chocolate or peanut butter morsels, then rolled in Rice Krispies® cereal make treats that kids crave.
Prep Time: 25 min
Total Time: 25 min
- 20 JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 20 coffee stirrers
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup (6 oz.) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- or (KICRecipeIngredient-13229)
- 1 cup peanut butter morsels
- 2 tablespoons vegetable shortening
1. Cover large cookies sheet with wax paper; set aside. Insert a coffee
stirrer into each marshmallow; set aside.
2. Measure cereal and place on sheet of wax paper.
3. Place morsels and shortening in 4-cup glass measuring cup. Heat in
microwave oven on HIGH 1 minute and 30 seconds; stir. If mixture does not
become smooth, microwave 15 seconds and stir again. Dip marshmallows in
morsels mixture completely, coating each marshmallow. Let mixture drip off for
about 5 seconds and then roll the coated marshmallow in cereal and place on
paperlined cookie sheet. Refrigerate until set.