Mallow Whipped Sweet Potatoes - Rice Krispies®
This recipe is sure to be a family favorite for many Thanksgivings to come. It comes out fluffy, topped with a crispy crunch, and hot from the oven in only 35 minutes.
- 2 cans (23 ounces each) sweet potatoes,
- 6 tablespoons margarine or butter, softened, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows, divided
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 3 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
1. Combine sweet potatoes, 4 tablespoons of the margarine, salt and spices. Beat until smooth. Stir in 1 cup of the marshmallows. Spread in 10 x 6 x 2-inch (1 1/2-quart) glass baking dish coated with cooking spray, or individual dishes. Top with remaining marshmallows.
2. Melt remaining margarine. Combine with KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal and brown sugar. Sprinkle over marshmallows.
3. Bake at 350°F about 20 minutes or until hot and cereal is golden brown. Serve hot.