Lemon Sugar Cookies - Rice Krispies®
Crisp on the outside and chewy on the inside, the lemon peel adds a new twist to ever-popular sugar cookies.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 tablespoons low fat milk
1. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg, vanilla, milk and lemon peel. Beat well. Add flour mixture, mixing until combined. Shape level tablespoon of dough into balls. Roll in KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
3. Bake at 375° F about 14 minutes or until lightly browned around edges. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.
Yield: 2 1/2 dozen (30) cookies