Lemon Drop Cookie Umbrellas - Rice Krispies®
Weather a little rain together by making these lemony cookies. Decorate them with colored frosting to look like the tip-top of your umbrella.
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
1. Stir together KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal, flour, soda, salt and cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In large electric mixer bowl, beat together margarine, granulated sugar and brown sugar until well combined. Add egg whites, lemon peel and the 3 tablespoons lemon juice. Beat well. Add cereal mixture, mixing until combined. Drop by slightly rounded tablespoon onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F about 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Glaze hot cookies with mixture of powdered sugar and the 2 tablespoons lemon juice. Store in airtight container.
Yield: 2 dozen (24) cookies