Celebrate the holidays with this tasty Rice Kripies Treats® wreath. Pipe a red frosting bow at the top and decorate with your favorite colorful candies.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED marshmallows
- Green food coloring
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Red frosting
- Assorted candies
1. Line tray with wax paper. Invert 4-inch-diameter bowl in center of wax paper. Lightly spray paper and outside of bowl with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Tint marshmallow mixture with green food coloring. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using buttered hands, shape into wreath around bowl. Cool completely. Carefully transfer wreath to serving tray. Pipe on red frosting as a bow. Attach candies using frosting. Best if served the same day.
Complete step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows at HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 and 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
• For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
• 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
• Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
• Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.