Itsy, Bitsy, Spooky Spider Treats™ - Rice Krispies®
Creepy, crawly and more than an itsy bit yummy, these eight-legged goodies are great for little hands to mold and shape.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- Food coloring
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Assorted candies
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Stir in food coloring, if desired. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated. Cool slightly.
3. Using buttered hands shape cereal mixture into eight spiders. Cool. Decorate with frosting and/or candies. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
To freeze, place in single layer on wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.