Ice Cream Party Pie
A no-bake peanut-butter-cereal crust filled with strawberry jam and ice cream makes perfect party fare.
- 1/3 cup peanut butter
- 1/3 cup light corn syrup
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- or 2 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 cup strawberry jam or preserves
- 1 quart strawberry ice cream, slightly softened
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine peanut butter and corn syrup. Add
KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Mix until well coated. With back of spoon,
press and shape mixture evenly in bottom and on side of 9-inch pan coated
with cooking spray, to form crust. Chill until firm.
2. Spread 1/4 cup of the jam over chilled crust. Spoon softened ice cream over jam. Freeze until firm. Swirl the remaining 1/4 cup jam over top of frozen pie. Serve frozen.
To cut pie easily, place hot wet towel under bottom and around sides of pan.
Allow to stand a few minutes.
Vanilla or chocolate ice cream may be substituted for the strawberry ice cream.