These small cornbread dumplings flavored with green onions are a Southern specialty. We made them healthier by baking them instead of frying.
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 cup evaporated fat-free milk
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
1. Stir together flour, cornmeal, KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, sugar, baking powder, salt and cayenne pepper. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together egg whites, milk and oil until thoroughly combined. Stir in garlic and onions. Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into 34 miniature 1 3/4-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 425° F about 13 miutes or until light golden brown. Serve warm.