Sweet Rice Krispies Treats® decorated as holiday packages make great Christmas presents for friends and neighbors.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®with Holiday Colors cereal
cereal Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies®
- Canned white frosting
- Food coloring (optional)
- 12 round striped peppermint candies or other assorted candies
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES with Holiday Colors cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. For each present, stack 2 squares on top of each other.
4. Tint frosting with food coloring, if desired. Pipe frosting on each stack as ribbon. Use small amount of frosting to attach one candy to the top of each present as bow. Best if served the same day.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
• For best results use fresh marshmallows
• 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows
• Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended
• Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.