Holiday Pie - Rice Krispies®
Deck the halls with this quick and adorable pie made with tasty Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies Treats®, whipped topping and candy canes.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED marshmallows
- Red food coloring
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal, divided
- 2 ounces frozen whipped dessert topping, thawed
- 8 (3-inch) candy canes
1. Line bottom of 9-inch round pan with wax paper circle. Spray wax paper and sides of pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Remove about 1/2 cup of the marshmallow mixture from the saucepan. Stir red food coloring into the remaining marshmallow mixture in saucepan.
4. Add 3 cups of the KELLOGG’S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal to the red marshmallow mixture. Stir until well coated. Add the remaining 3 cups of cereal to the plain marshmallow mixture. Stir until well coated.
5. Using buttered hands, evenly press the plain mixture into a ring around the inside edge of the prepared pan. Press red mixture into center of pan. Cool slightly. Remove from pan. Discard wax paper. Cool cereal mixture completely.
6. Using knife coated with cooking spray, cut into 8 wedges. Before serving, spoon dollops of whipped topping on each wedge. Top each wedge with a candy cane. Best if served the same day.
Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 through 6 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
• For best results, use fresh marshmallows
• 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows
• Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended