Holiday Lights Treats™
These tasty, colorful lights, strung together with red licorice, will brighten up any holiday dessert table.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Food coloring
- Red or black string licorice
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Divide marshmallow mixture into 4 or 5 portions. Stir a few drops of different food colors into each portion, if desired.
2. Divide KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal among marshmallow portions. Stir each until well coated. Cool slightly.
3. Using buttered hands shape cereal mixtures into holiday lights and plug. Place on wax paper.
4. Shape licorice into circle to form holiday lights wire. Attach cereal lights and plug to licorice with frosting. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Divide marshmallow mixture into 4 or 5 portions. Stir a few drops of different food colors into each portion, if desired. Follow steps 2 thru 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.