Holiday Candy Canes
Anticipate the joy of holiday candy canes with these tasty ones. The sweet treats get decorated with frosting—a great job for little hands at your house.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) regular marshmallows or 4 cups miniature marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Canned white frosting or decorating gel
- Food coloring (optional)
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES with Holiday Colors cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using 4-inch, candy cane cookie cutter coated with cooking spray cut into stocking shapes. Tint frosting with food coloring, if desired. Decorate with frosting. Best if served the same day.
Microwave Directions: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
• For best results, use fresh marshmallows
• 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows
• Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended
• Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.