Herbed Lemon Biscuits
Basil, lemon and chives mingle in these savory muffins.
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 1/3 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon basil
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 3 tablespoons dried chives
1. Stir together KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, flours, sugar, baking powder
and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together remaining ingredients until well mixed. Add
cereal mixture, stirring only until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch
muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 400° F about 22 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Yield: 12 muffins