Helping Hands Treats™ - Rice Krispies®
Use your child's hand as a stencil pattern. Then use frosting to add nail polish, rings or bracelets to each shape.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 5 1/2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
1. Trace your hand onto sturdy paper or cardboard. Cut out handprint pattern. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using sharp knife cut around handprint pattern into hand shapes. Decorate with frosting. Best if served the same day.
Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 and 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.