Handmade Thanksgiving Turkey Treats™
Your whole family will want to lend a hand with this recipe. Decorate the turkeys with candy corn and frosting. Then watch them get gobbled up.
Prep Time: 20 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Assorted candies
1. Trace your handprint onto cardboard. Cut out. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
4. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using knife coated with cooking spray cut around handprint pattern. Decorate with frosting and/or candies, using thumb portion of cutout for turkey head and finger portions for turkey tail feathers. Best if served the same day.
Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 and 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Kellogg's has reduced the sodium content of Rice Krispies to meet current consumer flavor- and nutrition-preferences. Rice Krispies Treats made with the lower sodium cereal taste great without any added salt, but, if you desire, add 1/4 teaspoon salt to the butter before melting. Continue with recipe as directed.