Ham and Cheese Sandwiches
Perfect for breakfast, these crispy-coated sandwiches taste like savory French toast stuffed with ham and cheese.
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 4 slices American cheese
- 4 slices cooked ham
- 8 slices day-old bread
- 3 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
1. Place KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal in shallow dish or pan. Set aside.
2. In second shallow dish or pan, beat eggs, milk and salt until foamy. Set aside.
3. Make 4 sandwiches using 1 cheese slice, 1 ham slice and 2 slices bread for
each. Dip sandwiches quickly in egg mixture, turning once. Coat with crushed
cereal. Place in single layer on baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Drizzle
with melted margarine.
4. Bake at 400° F about 15 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Serve hot.