Gold Medal Sundae - Rice Krispies®
Top each marshmallowy cereal cake with everyone's favorite flavor of ice cream or frozen yogurt for a family-sized sundae party.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 5-1/2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 3 cups frozen fat-free vanilla yogurt
- 3/4 cup strawberry ice cream topping
- 1 1/2 cups frozen non-dairy whipped topping, thawed
- 12 maraschino cherries, drained
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
4. Cut into rounds, using 3-inch cookie cutter. Top each round with frozen yogurt. Drizzle with ice cream topping. Dollop with whipped topping and top with cherry. Serve immediately.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 thru 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows. 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows. Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.