Glazed Fruit Cookies
Dates, candied cherries and pecans pack these tender cookie mounds.
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 package (8 oz., 1 1/2 cups) chopped dates
- 1 package (8 oz., 1 cup) chopped candied red cherries
- 1 package (8 oz., 1 cup) candied green cherries
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
1. Stir together KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, flour, soda, salt and
cinnamon. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat together margarine and sugar until light and fluffy. Add egg. Beat well. Add cereal mixture, mixing until combined. Stir in fruits and pecans. Drop by level tablespoon onto baking sheets coated with cooking spray.
3. Bake at 350° F about 14 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove
immediately from baking sheet to wire racks. Lightly brush hot cookies with corn syrup. Cool completely. Store in airtight container.
Yield: 5 1/2 dozen (66) cookies