Glazed Apple Tart
A powdered sugar glaze gilds the top of this apple-pie-like tart.
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup margarine or butter
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 5 cups sliced, peeled tart apples
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot water
1. In medium mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal, flour and salt. With pastry blender, cut in margarine until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Add milk, stirring until combined. Using small amount of additional flour, press half of the mixture into bottom and halfway up sides of 9 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan. Set aside.
2. Combine apples, lemon juice, granulated sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. Place in pastry crust. Set aside. Roll out remaining dough between wax paper, or on lightly floured surface, to fit baking pan. Place over apples. Prick crust with fork 4 times. Decorate with pastry scraps, if desired.
3. Bake at 375° F about 45 minutes or until golden brown and apples are tender. Remove from oven. Glaze with mixture of powdered sugar and water. Serve warm or cold.