For a change of pace, stir 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon into the marshmallow mixture before adding the cereal.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Assorted candies
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S® COCOA KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper, evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool slightly. Using 3 1/2- to 4-inch gingerbread man cookie cutter coated with cooking spray, cut into shapes. Decorate with frosting and/or candies. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
• For best results, use fresh marshmallows
• 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows
• Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended
• Store no more than two days at room temperature. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.