Try this recipe for a crispy twist on a holiday favorite. Your kids can help shape the dough and coat each cookie with a little sugar.
- 3 cups Kelloggs's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 1/4 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 2 egg whites
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/4 cup molasses
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
1. Stir together KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, flour, salt, soda and spices. Set aside.
2. In electric mixer bowl, beat together brown sugar and margarine on medium speed until thoroughly combined. Add applesauce, molasses and egg whites. Beat on low until smooth. Add cereal mixture, mixing until combined.
3. Drop by level tablespoon into sugar and roll to coat. Place on baking sheets coated with cooking spray. Press with bottom of measuring cup dipped in sugar to 2 1/4-inches in diameter.
4. Bake at 375°F about 10 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.