Fruit 'n' Cereal Cookies - Rice Krispies®
Dried fruit, orange juice, and Rice Krispies® and All Bran® cereals make these cookies seem grown up. They're pretty great dunked in milk, though.
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 cups Kellogg's® All-Bran® Complete® Wheat Flakes cereal
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 1/2 cups dried cherries or chopped dried apricots
- 1 cup flaked coconut
1. In small bowl stir together flour, baking powder and soda. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl beat butter, shortening, brown sugar and granulated sugar on medium speed of electric mixer until combined. Add eggs, orange juice and vanilla. Beat well. Add flour mixture. Beat until combined. Stir in KELLOGG'S® ALL-BRAN® COMPLETE® WHEAT FLAKES cereal, KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal, cherries and coconut. Drop by level tablespoons onto baking sheets.
3. Bake at 375°F about 9 minutes or until light brown. Transfer to wire racks. Cool completely.