Fourth of July Rice Krispies Treats® Pops
Celebrate with these sparkling pops! The red or blue confectioner’s coating along with red, white and blue sprinkles give them holiday dazzle.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED marshmallows or 5-1/2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies with Red & Blue Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup red confectioner’s candy coating (melts) or blue confectioner’s candy coating (melts)
- 1/2 cup red, white and blue sprinkles
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES WITH RED & BLUE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into nine 5- to 6-ounce paper cups. Insert ice cream stick into each. Cool completely.
4. Melt confectioner’s coating according to package directions. ln shallow dish place sprinkles. Peel paper cups off of cereal mixture. Dip each pop into confectioner’s coating. Roll in sprinkles. Place on wax-paper lined baking sheet. Cool completely. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.