This savory pie makes a great use of almost any kind of leftover cooked fish.
- 4 cups soft bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced onion
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon celery salt
- 1/4 teaspoon sage
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, melted
- 1/3 cup margarine or butter
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups flaked, cooked fish
- 2 tablespoons chopped pimiento
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 tablespoon margarine or butter, melted
1. In large mixing bowl, combine bread crumbs, onions, seasonings and the 1/4 cup melted margarine, mixing lightly. Spread evenly in bottom and on sides of 10 x 6 x 2-inch (1 1/2-qt.) baking dish coated with cooking spray.
2. Bake at 375° F about 15 minutes or until brown.
3. In 2-quart saucepan, melt margarine over low heat. Stir in flour and seasonings. Add milk, stirring until smooth. Incream heat to medium and cook until mixture boils, stirring constantly. Continue cooking and stirring 1 minute longer. Remove from heat. Stir in fish and pimiento. Pour into crumb crust.
4. Mix KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal with the 1 tablespoon melted margarine. Sprinkle over fish mixture.
5. Bake at 425° F about 15 minutes or until bubbly and hot. Serve immediately.