Festive Ornament Treats - Rice Krispies®
Make the holidays your own with custom treats that are sure to delight.
- 3 tbsp. 3 tbsp. butter or margarine
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 tbsp. 3 tbsp. meringue powder
- 1 lb. 1 lb. powdered sugar
- Food coloring
- 12 oz. 12 oz. white chocolate chips (optional)
- 4 cups marshmallows
- Ornament-shaped cookie cutters
- Plastic baggies or pastry bags
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®
Royal Icing Directions:
1. Combine butter, water, meringue powder and powdered sugar in stand mixer.
2. Mix on low until ingredients are combined, then mix on high for 4 minutes.
3. Add additional water to thin as needed.
4. Add desired food coloring.
Frosting Alternative: If you’re in a pinch, quickly melt down white chocolate chips by following directions on the bag.
1. In large saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add cereal and stir until well coated.
3. Press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Let cool.
4. Using cookie cutters, cut cooled mixture into ornament shapes.
5. Divide colored icing into small baggies or pastry bags. Snip a small hole in one corner of each bag or use a desired pastry tip.
6. Decorate with icing and sprinkles.