Festive Fruit Wreaths - Rice Krispies®
Nutty, fruity and chewy, these colorful wreaths make a very merry dessert for any holiday festivity.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 5-1/2 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup chopped red candied cherries
- 1/2 cup chopped green candied cherries
- 1/2 cup broken walnuts
- Mulit-colored candies (optional)
- Powdered sugar (optional)
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.
2. Add KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal, dates, red cherries, green cherries and nuts. Stir until well coated.
3. Transfer cereal mixture to wax paper. Using buttered hands shape mixture into wreath approximately 8 inches in diameter. Decorate with candy and sprinkle with powdered sugar, if desired. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Add vanilla, stirring until combined. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.