Eggnog, that creamy Yuletide treat, is the essence of these lightly spiced muffins.
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup canned or refrigerated eggnog
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/2 cup Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine, melted
1. In large bowl stir together flour, 1 cup KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, 1/3 cup sugar, baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg and salt.
2. In small bowl stir together egg, eggnog, 3 tablespoons butter and vanilla. Add to flour mixture, stirring just until combined. Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin-pan cups coated with cooking spray.
3. In small bowl stir together 1/2 cup cereal, 2 tablespoons sugar and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. Add 1 teaspoon butter. Toss until combined. Sprinkle over muffin tops. Bake at 375°F about 15 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean. Cool in pan for 5 minutes. Remove to wire rack. Cool slightly. Serve warm.