Egg-ceptional Egg Bake
Rice Krispies® cereal brings a crispy top to this warm, savory breakfast of eggs, ham and cheese.
- 5 cups cubed multi-grain or other firm-textured bread (about 6 slices)
- 1 cup finely chopped ham
- 1 cup (4 oz.) shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 6 eggs (slightly beaten)
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1/2 teaspoon dried sage leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 cup finely shredded Parmesan cheese or grated Parmesan cheese
1. Place half of the bread pieces in 12 x 7 1/2 x 2-inch (2 qt.) glass baking dish coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with ham and cheddar cheese. Arrange remaining bread pieces on top.
2. In medium bowl stir together eggs, milk, sage, salt and pepper. Pour over bread mixture in dish. Cover. Refrigerate for 4 to 24 hours.
3. Sprinkle with cereal. Lightly press cereal into bread mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese. Bake at 325 F about 70 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let stand for 5 minutes. Cut into squares.