Easy Bean Appetizer
South-of-the-border flavors abound in these easy appetizer bars.
Prep Time: 15
Total Time: 75
- 1/2 package taco seasoning mix
- 1 can (16 oz.) fat-free refried beans
- 1/4 teaspoon liquid pepper sauce
- 1 cup cubed, light pasteurized processed cheese
- 4 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup salsa (optional)
- Jalapeno pepper slices
- Cherry tomato halves
1. In 3-quart saucepan, combine beans, taco seasoning and pepper sauce. Cook
over low heat, stirring constantly until mixture starts to bubble. Add cheese.
Continue cooking and stirring until cheese melts and mixture is smooth. Remove
2. Stir KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal into hot bean mixture. Mix until thoroughly combined. Spread mixture evenly in 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool completely. Cut into 1-inch squares. Serve with salsa, if desired, and garnish with jalapeno and tomato. Store, covered in refrigerator.