Easter Egg Rice Krispies® Treats®
Easter eggs your way—either use frosting to attach large sprinkles to the outside of these Rice Krispies® Treats® eggs or stir tiny multi-colored sprinkles into the cereal mixture before forming the eggs. Either way, they’ll add a sweet treat to your holiday.
- 9 plastic, snap-apart, 3- x 2-inch Easter eggs
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows or 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg’s® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 cup multi-colored nonpareil sprinkles (optional)
- Canned frosting (optional)
- Large (3/8-inch) multi-colored sprinkles (optional)
1. Clean and dry plastic eggs. Coat insides with cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
3. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal and nonpareil sprinkles (if desired). Stir until well combined.
4. Using buttered hands, firmly press 1/3 cup of the cereal mixture into each plastic egg half. Remove from molds. Gently press egg halves together until they stick. Cool completely.
5. Use frosting to attach large sprinkles to eggs (if desired). Best if served the same day.
Follow step 1 above. In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 3 through 5 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.