A date and nut filling makes a spiral when rolled in these all-time-favorite cereal treats.
- 1 package (8 oz.) whole, pitted dates
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter
- 1 package (10 oz. about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- or 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 5 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. In 2-quart saucepan, combine dates, water, sugar and walnuts. Cook, stirring frequently over low heat until smooth. Remove from heat and cool.
2. Melt margarine in large saucepan over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Cook over low heat 3 minutes longer, stirring constantly. Remove from heat.
3. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated. Press lightly and evenly into 15 x 10 x 1-inch jelly roll pan coated with cooking spray. Spread date mixture evenly over cereal mixture almost to edges. Cut in half crosswise. Roll up each half jelly roll fashion, starting with cut edge. Wrap tightly in waxed paper, sealing ends. Chill 1 hour or until firm. Cut into 1/2-inch slices.