Date and Nut Balls
Studded with dates and maraschino cherries, these sugary indulgences are a holiday favorite.
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- or 3 cups Kellogg's® Special K® Cereal Original
- 1 cup chopped nuts
1. In 3-quart saucepan, combine margarine, dates, cherries and sugar. Cook
over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture becomes smooth, soft paste. Remove from heat. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal and nuts. Mix thoroughly.
2. Portion by level tablespoon onto waxed paper or baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Shape into balls. Let stand until cool. Store in airtight container.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen (42) balls