Date and Nut Balls
Studded with dates and maraschino cherries, these sugary indulgences are a holiday favorite.
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 60 min
- 1 1/2 cups chopped pitted dates
- 1/3 cup chopped maraschino cherries, drained
- 3/4 cup sugar
or 3 cups
Cereal Original Kellogg's® Special K®
- 1 cup chopped nuts
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. In 3-quart saucepan, combine margarine, dates, cherries and sugar. Cook
over medium heat, stirring constantly, until mixture becomes smooth, soft
paste. Remove from heat. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal and nuts.
2. Portion by level tablespoon onto waxed paper or baking sheet coated with
cooking spray. Shape into balls. Let stand until cool. Store in airtight container.
Yield: 3 1/2 dozen (42) balls