Crystallized Ginger Biscotti
Crisp and fragrant, these biscotti feature crystallized ginger, cinnamon and almond extract.
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/3 cup margarine
- 1/4 cup finely chopped crystallized ginger
- 3 egg whites
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
1. In food processor bowl process KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal until fine. Add flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon and margarine. Process about 30 seconds or until mixture resembles coarse meal. Place mixture in large mixing bowl and stir in ginger. Add egg whites and flavoring to cereal mixture. Stir together until all dry ingredients are combined. (Mixture will be very stiff.)
2. Place half of dough on lightly floured surface and shape into 8-inch long rolls. Place on baking sheet coated with cooking spray and flatten into 8 x 3-inch rectangle. Repeat with remaining half of dough.
3. Bake at 300° F about 25 minutes or until light golden brown. Place baking sheet on wire rack to cool 10 minutes. Cut each rectangle diagonally into 1/2-inch slices. Place cut side down on baking sheet and bake for 40 minutes longer or until golden brown and crisp. Do not turn. Cool completely on wire rack. Store in airtight container.
Yield: 2 dozen + 2