Crusted Lime Fish Bake - Rice Krispies®
Lime and ginger season these crispy-coated fish. For a family dinner everyone will love.
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/4 cup chopped almonds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons lime juice, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1 pound fish fillets
1. In shallow pan or plate, combine KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal, almonds and parsley. Set aside. Place flour in second shallow pan or plate. Set aside.
2. In small mixing bowl, beat together egg whites, 2 tablespoons of the lime juice, salt, ginger and pepper. Set aside.
3. Cut fish into 6 equal pieces. Dip in flour, shaking off excess. Dip coated fish in egg mixture, draining slightly, then coat with cereal mixture. Place in single layer, in shallow baking pan coated with cooking spray or foil lined. Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon lime juice.
4. Bake at 400° F about 17 minutes or until fish flakes when tested with fork. For food safety, the internal temperature of the fish should be a minimum of 145ºF. Serve hot.