Sweetened pecans, coconut and cereal lend crunch to your favorite ice cream in this tasty dessert.
- 1/2 cup margarine or butter
- 2 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- or Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups flaked coconut
- 1 cup pecans, broken
- 1/2 gallon vanilla ice cream or frozen yogurt, slightly softened
1. Melt margarine in 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan at 300° F about 10 minutes or
until just melted. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, sugar, coconut and
nuts. Mix well. Return to oven for about 30 minutes, stirring frequently until evenly
browned. Cool completely.
2. Remove half of mixture from baking pan. Spread remaining mixture evenly in
pan. Place slices of ice cream on top of cereal mixture, smoothing top. Sprinkle
remaining cereal mixture over ice cream, pressing lightly. Freeze about 2 hours
or until hardened. Scoop Crunchy Freeze into dessert cups. Serve immediately.