Crunchy Chicken Nuggets
Serve your kids these crunchy chicken nuggets for lunch. They'll love the taste and you'll love the fact that they're lower in fat than the popular restaurant-style chicken nuggets.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika*
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt*
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder*
- 1/8 teaspoon onion powder*
- 1 pound boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine, melted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat ranch salad dressing
1. In shallow dish combine egg whites and water. On large sheet of wax paper combine KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal, paprika, seasoned salt, garlic powder and onion powder.
2. Cut chicken into 1 1/2-inch pieces. Dip chicken pieces into egg white mixture, coating all sides. Roll in cereal mixture. Place in single layer on ungreased baking sheet. Drizzle with melted butter. Bake at 450°F about 12 mintues or until no longer pink in center.
3. Serve warm with salad dressing as dipping sauce.
*Note: For a different flavor, substitute 1 package (
4.25 oz.) reduced-sodium taco seasoning for the paprika, seasoned salt, garlic powder and onion powder.