Crispy Peanut Squares
Two crisp, chocolate-peanut butter layers are separated by a rich, peanut butter layer in these tri-colored bars. Look for peanut butter morsels near the chocolate morsels at the grocery store.
- 1 package (11.5 oz., 2 cups) milk chocolate morsels
- 2 cups peanut butter morsels, divided
- 4 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 4 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- 1/4 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter
1. In 3-quart saucepan, combine chocolate morsels and 1 cup of the peanut butter morsels. Stir over low heat until morsels melt and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal to chocolate mixture. Stir until cereal is well coated. Press half of mixture into 8 x 8 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Chill until firm. Set remaining cereal mixture aside.
3. In small saucepan, combine remaining peanut butter morsels, sugar and butter. Stir over low heat until morsels melt and mixture is smooth. Spread over chilled mixture. Press remaining cereal mixture on top. Chill 1 hour or until firm. Let stand 10 minutes at room temperature before cutting into 1 1/2-inch squares.