Crispy Almond Cookies
The perfect cookie to serve with tea - a rich buttery round with just a hint of almond.
- 2 cups sifted, all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 2 1/2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. Stir together flour, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
2. In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs and almond flavoring. Beat well. Add flour mixture, mixing until combined. Portion and shape level tablespoon of dough into balls. Roll in cereal. Place 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheet. Flatten slightly.
3. Bake at 375°F about 10 minutes or until cookies spring back when lightly pressed with finger. Remove from baking sheets and cool on wire racks. Store in airtight container.