Crisp Chocolate Truffles
A white chocolate shell surrounds a crispy, dark chocolate center. There's no tastier way to say, "We love you, Mom!"
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons margarine and butter
- 1 package (6 oz., 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 package (14 oz.) white chocolate coating
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Multi-colored sprinkles (optional)
1. In heavy 2-quart saucepan, combine marshmallow creme, margarine and
chocolate morsels. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is
melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
2. Stir KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal into chocolate mixture, mixing until
thoroughly combined. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto waxed paper-lined
baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
3. In top of double boiler, over hot but not boiling water, melt white coating and
shortening, stirring constantly. Dip each chocolate ball in coating and place on
waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired. Refrigerate
until firm. Place in small candy paper cups to serve. Store in airtight container.