Crisp Chocolate Truffles - Rice Krispies®
A white chocolate shell surrounds a crispy, dark chocolate center. There's no tastier way to say, "We love you, Mom!"
- 1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow creme
- 2 tablespoons margarine and butter
- 1 package (6 oz., 1 cup) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1 package (14 oz.) white chocolate coating
- 2 tablespoons shortening
- Multi-colored sprinkles (optional)
1. In heavy 2-quart saucepan, combine marshmallow creme, margarine and chocolate morsels. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until chocolate is melted and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
2. Stir KELLOGG'S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal into chocolate mixture, mixing until thoroughly combined. Drop by rounded teaspoon onto waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Refrigerate until firm, about 1 hour.
3. In top of double boiler, over hot but not boiling water, melt white coating and shortening, stirring constantly. Dip each chocolate ball in coating and place on waxed paper-lined baking sheet. Decorate with sprinkles, if desired. Refrigerate until firm. Place in small candy paper cups to serve. Store in airtight container.