Cream Cheese Cookies
These chewy, summery cookies have just a hint of citrus flavor.
Prep Time: 30 min
Total Time: 80 min
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 package (8 oz.) light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and 1/4 cup of the KELLOGG'S RICE
KRISPIES cereal. Set aside.
2. In large electric mixer bowl, beat together margarine, cream cheese, granulated
sugar and the 2 teaspoons orange peel until well combined. Stir in flour mixture.
(Dough will be stiff)
3. Portion and shape level teaspoons of dough into balls. Roll in remaining
crushed cereal to coat. Place about 2-inches apart on baking sheets lightly coated
with cooking spray. Using the bottom of measuring cup, slightly flatten each cookie.
4. Bake at 350° F about 8 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
Cool completely on wire racks.
5. To make Glaze, combine powdered sugar, the 1 teaspoon orange peel and
the 3 tablespoons orange juice. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.