Cream Cheese Cookies
These chewy, summery cookies have just a hint of citrus flavor.
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- 1/2 cup margarine, softened
- 1 package (8 oz.) light cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons grated orange peel
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated orange peel
- 3 tablespoons orange juice
1. Stir together flour, baking powder, salt and 1/4 cup of the KELLOGG'S RICE
KRISPIES cereal. Set aside.
2. In large electric mixer bowl, beat together margarine, cream cheese, granulated
sugar and the 2 teaspoons orange peel until well combined. Stir in flour mixture.
(Dough will be stiff)
3. Portion and shape level teaspoons of dough into balls. Roll in remaining crushed cereal to coat. Place about 2-inches apart on baking sheets lightly coated with cooking spray. Using the bottom of measuring cup, slightly flatten each cookie.
4. Bake at 350° F about 8 minutes or until top springs back when lightly touched.
Cool completely on wire racks.
5. To make Glaze, combine powdered sugar, the 1 teaspoon orange peel and the 3 tablespoons orange juice. Stir until smooth. Drizzle over cookies.