Corn and Potato Chowder
Browned Kellogg's® Rice Krispies®, sprinkled over the top of this hearty chowder, add just a bit of crunch.
- 1/4 pound salt pork
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onions
- 1 cup diced, raw potatoes
- 1 cup boiling water
- 2 1/2 cups whole kernel corn
- 2 cups milk
- 1 tablespoon flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons minced parsley
- 1 cup Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. Cook salt pork in fry pan until brown and crisp. Remove from pan and drain on paper towels. Cook onions in drippings until tender and lightly browned. Drain onion reserving drippings.
2. In 3 quart saucepan, cook onions, potatoes and water for 10 minutes, covered. Add corn and milk. Blend 1 tablespoon drippings with flour and seasonings. Gradually stir into chowder. Cook about 10 minutes longer or until potatoes are tender. Stir in parsley.
3. Brown KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal in 1 tablespoon of reserved drippings. Mix with salt pork cubes. Sprinkle over hot chowder. Serve hot.