Colossal Candy Corn
The kids will love frosting this giant, candy-corn shape for a festive snack the whole family can share.
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Candy corn
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into candy corn shape using a cookie cutter. Decorate with frosting and/or candy corn. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Continue with recipe as directed above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.
Kellogg's has reduced the sodium content of Rice Krispies to meet current consumer flavor- and nutrition-preferences. Rice Krispies Treats made with the lower sodium cereal taste great without any added salt, but, if you desire, add 1/4 teaspoon salt to the butter before melting. Continue with recipe as directed.