Colors of the Games - Rice Krispies®
Red, green, black, yellow and blue—the colors of the Olympic rings—are featured in these Rice Krispies Treats® .
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 100 JET-PUFFED Marshmallows (about 25 oz.)
- 10 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- Red, green, black, yellow and blue food coloring
- 15 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. In medium saucepan melt 5 teaspoons of the butter over low heat. Add 20 of the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Tint with red food coloring.
2. Add 3 cups of the KELLOGG’S® RICE KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 four more times, using remaining food colors one at a time. Evenly press green, black, yellow and blue mixtures on top of red mixture in pan. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat 5 teaspoons of the butter and 20 of the marshmallows on high for 1 minute and 45 seconds, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
- For best results use fresh marshmallows.
- Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
- Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.