Colors of the Games
Red, green, black, yellow and blue—the colors of the Olympic rings—are featured in these Rice Krispies Treats® .
- 1/2 cup plus 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 100 JET-PUFFED Marshmallows (about 25 oz.)
- 10 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- Red, green, black, yellow and blue food coloring
- 15 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
1. In medium saucepan melt 5 teaspoons of the butter over low heat. Add 20 of the marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. Tint with red food coloring.
2. Add 3 cups of the KELLOGG’S RICE KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray.
4. Repeat steps 1 through 3 four more times, using remaining food colors one at a time. Evenly press green, black, yellow and blue mixtures on top of red mixture in pan. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat 5 teaspoons of the butter and 20 of the marshmallows on high for 1 minute and 45 seconds, stirring after 1 minute. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
Note: For best results use fresh marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container. To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.