Cocoa Peanut Butter Sandwiches - Rice Krispies®
Chocolate and peanut butter have been getting together for years, but never before so sweetly. This bar features a creamy peanut butter filling separating two crunchy layers made of Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies®.
- 1/2 cup corn syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 5 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1/4 cup margarine or butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
1. In 3-quart saucepan, combine corn syrup, granulated sugar and the 2
tablespoon margarine. Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, until
mixture starts to boil. Reduce heat and continue cooking and stirring 1 minute
longer; remove from heat.
2. Add cereal to hot mixture, stirring to thoroughly coat cereal. Spread
mixture evenly in bottom of buttered 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan; cool.
3. To make filling, combine peanut butter and the 1/4 cup margarine. Stir in
confectioners' sugar. Cut cooled cereal mixture in half to form 2 pieces, 9 x
6-inches. Spread peanut butter mixture over 1 piece and place other cereal
piece on top of peanut butter mixture to form sandwich. To serve, cut into 2 x
1 1/2-inch bars. Store covered, in refrigerator.