Cocoa Krispies® Treats™
Make these with your kids for a fun, any-day activity. Then enjoy them together as an after-school snack.
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat. 2. Add KELLOGG'S COCOA KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool. Cut into 2-inch squares. Best if served the same day.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.
To freeze, place in layers separated by wax paper in airtight container. Freeze for up to 6 weeks. Let stand at room temperature for 15 minutes before serving.