Cocoa Krispies® Treats with Dulce de Leche! - Rice Krispies®
Looking for a special gift for the caramel-lover on your list? Make a batch of these scrumptious Cocoa Krispies® Treats with Dulce de Leche. The milk caramel, popular in Latin countries, gives them a delicious flavor.
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup dulce de leche
- 7 cups Kellogg’s® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- 1 package (10oz., about 40) Regular Marshmallows
- 4 cups Miniature Marshmallows
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add dulce de leche, stirring until smooth. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S® COCOA KRISPIES® cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch baking pan coated with cooking spray. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes. Cut into 2-inch squares. Serve immediately or store in airtight container in refrigerator.
In microwave-safe bowl heat butter, dulce de leche and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 and 3 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
-For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
-1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
-Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
-Store no more than two days in airtight container in refrigerator.