Cocoa, Date and Pecan Candies
For a festive flair, serve these date and pecan candies in miniature foil cups.
- 2 tablespoons margarine or butter
- 1 package (8 oz. about 1 2/3 cups) chopped pitted dates
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 eggs, slightly beaten
- 3 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- powdered sugar
1. Melt margarine in medium frypan. Add dates, granulated sugar and eggs.
Cook over medium heat, stirring constantly, for 5 minutes or until mixture
starts to brown and boil over entire surface.
2. Add KELLOGG'S COCOA KRISPIES cereal and pecans. Stir until well coated.
3. Portion mixture, using a tablespoon, and place on waxed paper. Shape into
1-inch balls and roll each ball in powdered sugar. Store in airtight container