Chocolatey Photo Frame
Surround a photo of your favorite people with this simple, chocolatey frame that looks good enough to eat.
Prep Time: 15 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 package (10 oz., about 40) JET-PUFFED Marshmallows
- 4 cups JET-PUFFED Miniature Marshmallows
- 6 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- Canned frosting or decorating gel
- Food coloring
- Assorted candies and/or multi-colored sprinkles
1. In large saucepan melt butter over low heat. Add marshmallows and stir until completely melted. Remove from heat.
2. Add KELLOGG’S COCOA KRISPIES cereal. Stir until well coated.
3. Using buttered spatula or wax paper evenly press mixture into 13 x 9 x 2-inch pan coated with cooking spray. Cool.
4. Trim desired photograph to about 10 x 6-inches. Cut a piece of wax paper to same size as photograph. Place wax paper on center of cereal mixture. Top wax paper with photograph. Cut narrow strips of wax paper to fit just over edges of photo. Pipe frosting on wax paper covering the edges of the photo, keeping frosting off of the photo. Decorate edges of cereal mixture with frosting and/or candies. Best if served the same day.
MICROWAVE DIRECTIONS: In microwave-safe bowl heat butter and marshmallows on HIGH for 3 minutes, stirring after 2 minutes. Stir until smooth. Follow steps 2 through 4 above. Microwave cooking times may vary.
For best results, use fresh marshmallows.
1 jar (7 oz.) marshmallow crème can be substituted for marshmallows.
Diet, reduced calorie or tub margarine is not recommended.
Store no more than two days at room temperature in airtight container.