Chocolate Truffles - Rice Krispies®
Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal adds crunch to rich, creamy truffles. They're the perfect addition to a holiday cookie platter.
- 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon light corn syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon almond flavoring
- 1 1/2 tablespoons whipping cream
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
1. Melt chocolate in double boiler over simmering water, stirring until smooth.
2. In medium saucepan, bring cream, butter and corn syrup to hard simmer over low heat (about 160° F). Remove from heat and cool 5 minutes. Whisk in chocolate, almond flavoring and the 1 1/2 tablespoons whipping cream.
3. Refrigerate until mixture cools to 80° F about 15-20 minutes. Whip mixture at medium speed until slightly thickened and lighter in color.
4. Using a spoon, drop small balls approximately one-inch in diameter, onto wax-paper surface. Refrigerate mounds until hardened, at least one hour.
5. Remove chilled truffle balls and roll in crushed KELLOGG'S® COCOA KRISPIES® cereal. Store in refrigerator until ready to serve.
Any of the following flavors can be used in place of almond flavoring:
Cream de cocoa
Cream de menthe