Chocolate Pecan Clusters
These smooth, chocolatey clusters melt in your mouth. And best of all, they're no-bakes.
- 1 package (11.5 oz., 2 cups) milk chocolate morsels
- 1 tablespoon vegetable shortening
- 2 cups Kellogg's® Rice Krispies® cereal
- or 2 cups Kellogg's® Cocoa Krispies® cereal
- 1 cup toasted, coarsely chopped pecans
- Pecan halves
1. In 2-quart saucepan combine chocolate morsels and shortening. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until morsels melt and mixture is smooth. Remove from heat.
2. Stir in KELLOGG'S RICE KRISPIES cereal and pecans. Drop by
rounded teaspoon onto baking sheets lined with wax paper. Top each with pecan half, if desired.
3. Refrigerate about 30 minutes or until firm. Store in airtight container in refrigerator.
Any variety of nuts may be substituted for pecans.
VARIATIONS: Add one of the following to chocolate-cereal mixture before portioning: 2 teaspoons grated orange peel, 1 teaspoon vanilla or 1 teaspoon rum extract.